Jun 09, 2016
ACUA will host a group of 15 delegates from Central America and Caribbean countries as part of a reverse trade mission sponsored by the U.S. Trade and Development Agency. The delegates are water and wastewater officials and their areas of interest include:
- Energy efficiency programs as they relate to power savings at water and wastewater facilities
- Renewable energy technologies and power storage
- Efficient pumping technologies, products or services to reduce operational energy cost, solar pumping, VFDs, ram pumps, control systems, efficient design and system optimization
- Technologies to reduce operations and maintenance work/costs
- Renewable energy facilities such as micro-hydro plants and solar panels installations
Who: Central America and Caribbean water and wastewater professionals
What: The visitors will spend the morning visiting ACUA and will learn about ACUA's innovative practices for wastewater management and how ACUA incorporates the production and use of renewable energy and alternative fuel vehicles in its operations.
When: Friday, June 10, 2016 at 10 a.m.
Where: The group will meet at ACUA’s Wastewater Treatment Facility at 1801 Absecon Boulevard in Atlantic City.
Why: To learn about innovative and energy saving practices
Interviews: On site