Mar 16, 2020
Updated July 20, 2020
ACUA is closely monitoring the COVID-19 guidance from state and federal health authorities. The operations of the Authority – wastewater treatment and safely collecting and disposing of solid waste – are essential to the public health of our community and will continue.
The primary concern of the Authority is the safety of our employees and our customers. ACUA is enacting various measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
At this time, all residential and commercial collection routes will be performed as scheduled. We will notify the public and our customers if anything changes.
- ACUA's GEO Administrative Building - As of July 20, 2020, ACUA's GEO Building will open to the public between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. The entrance will be closed from 1 to 2 p.m. Customers can come in to make recycling bucket requests or cart purchases (these items can also be ordered online and delivered). Customers can also purchase 40-lb. EcoSoil bags. Customers must wear a mask and remain 6 ft. a part at all times.
- Adopt-A-Road Program: As of June 2020, the New Jersey Clean Communities Council has announced that volunteers may now resume cleanups under specific safety guidelines. Click here for more information.
- All tours, events, and meetings are cancelled. Please see our virtual tours page or contact us with a virtual presentation request!
- Sludge Customers: New procedures have been implemented for sludge customers to limit interaction with employees. Please call 609-343-7733 to schedule disposal.
- Waste Haulers and Disposal Customers: All waste haulers are encouraged to use our online payment portal or Apply/Samsung/Google Pay to limit interaction with scalehouse employees. Individuals bringing material for disposal are encouraged to use Apply/Samsung/Google Pay or credit cards.
- EcoProducts: Beginning Friday May 1, 2020, sales of EcoProducts will reopen to the public. Online delivery sales of EcoProducts via credit card can now be made through our online store. Customers may also purchase EcoSoil and EcoMulches on site during regular business hours. Customers are encouraged to use Apple/Samsung/Google Pay to limit interaction with scalehouse employees. Customers can pre-purchase 40-lb. EcoSoil bags by credit card by calling 609.272.6950 or may pick up bags at our GEO Administrative Building 1 during normal business hours from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. *Front Desk closed from 1 to 2 p.m.*
It is critical that members of the public stay home and
report symptoms to their doctor if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 such as
fever, cough or shortness of breath.
We encourage anyone with questions or concerns to please contact our Authority Relations Department at