- Non-rechargeable dry chemical fire extinguishers may be brought to ACUA's Household Hazardous Waste Collection Drop-offs
Rechargeable commercial extinguishers are not accepted. Please contact the supplier/manufacturer for proper disposal information.
- ACUA does not accept helium tanks. Please contact the manufacturer of this product for proper guidelines. You can dispose of many empty small helium tanks at a local scrap metal yard.
Hot Water Tanks
- Hot water tanks up to 100 gallons are accepted at ACUA as metals
- Oil tanks are accepted if empty and cut in half at ACUA as metals
Other Compressed Gas Tanks/Oxygen Tanks
- For compressed gas cylinders, tanks or oxygen tanks please contact the supplier for proper handling and disposal procedures.
- ACUA only accepts 20 lb. propane tanks for metal disposal. 1 lb. propane canisters can be taken to ACUA's Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Offs
All tanks should be handled carefully and must not be punctured since they may be under extreme pressure and/or may contain combustible gas.