Thank you for signing up to volunteer with the Atlantic County Utilities Authority.
Please read the following information and fill out the form below before volunteering.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK:
By signing below, I/We understand that volunteering may involve activities that may pose a potential risk of personal injury. An example of this kind of activity includes using garden tools.
RELEASE AND WAIVER:
By signing below, I/We assume all risks associated with participation in the project and hereby for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release Atlantic County, the Atlantic County Utilities Authority, its volunteers and staff from all claims, liability, risks, loss or injury. I/We certify that I/we understand the safety issues prior to my/our participation and understand that this will not guarantee that an injury will not occur.
INSURANCE: The volunteer understands that the Atlantic County Utilities Authority does not carry or maintain health, medical, or disability insurance for any workshop participant or volunteer. Each participant is expected and encouraged to obtain his or her own medical or health insurance coverage.
MEDICAL TREATMENT: If I am injured while volunteering, the ACUA staff or other volunteers may render medical services to me or request that others provide such services. By taking such action, the organizers and volunteers are not admitting any liability to provide or to continue to provide any such services and that such action is not a waiver by the organizers or volunteers of any rights under this release and waiver. Should I require transport to a medical facility as a result of an injury, I am financially responsible for such transportation and medical treatment costs.
AGE RESTRICTIONS: Volunteers under the age of 14 must be accompanied by adult supervisors.
PHOTO RELEASE: I grant to Atlantic County Utilities Authority, the right to take photographs of me and my family in connection with this event. I authorize Atlantic County Utilities Authority, its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. I agree that Atlantic County Utilities Authority may use such photographs of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content.
PROTECTION OF MINORS:
ACUA is committed to the safety of all individuals in its community, however, ACUA has particular concern for those who are potentially vulnerable, including minor children. ACUA regards the abuse of children as abhorrent in all its forms and pledges to hold its officials, employees and volunteers to the highest standards of conduct in interacting with children, and as such has established policies and procedures. As a volunteer, you are expected to follow the following code of conduct and rules
RULES FOR EMPLOYEES AND VOLUNTEERS:
- Staff members and volunteers will portray a positive role model for youth by maintaining an attitude of respect, loyalty, patience, courtesy, tact, and maturity.
- Staff members and volunteers shall not transport children in their own vehicles, unless written authorization from the child's parent or guardian has been received.
- Members of the staff or volunteers shall not be alone with children they meet at ACUA events or programs outside of ACUA. This includes babysitting, sleepovers, and inviting children to their home.
- Staff members and volunteers shall, at all times, be visible to other staff members while supervising minors. Any exceptions require a written explanation before the fact and prior approval.
- Staff members and volunteers will appear neat, clean, and appropriately attired.
- Staff members and volunteers will refrain from intimate displays of affection towards others in the presence of children, parents, and staff.
- Staff members and volunteers are required to refrain from texting and posting or checking any of the social media outlets while they are working or volunteering. The only exception is for texting for the purposes of communicating with another staff member or parent regarding a programmatic issue pertaining to a child.
- Staff members and volunteers are prohibited from buying gifts for program participants.
- The possession or use of alcohol and other drugs, fireworks, guns, and other weapons is prohibited.
- No violence, including sexual abuse or harassment, will be tolerated.
- Hazing of any kind is prohibited. Bullying, including verbal, physical, and cyberbullying is prohibited and will be addressed immediately.
- No theft of property will be tolerated.
- No use of tobacco products will be tolerated.
- Misuse or damage of the ACUA’s property is prohibited. Charges will be assessed against those participants who are responsible for damage or misuse of property.
- The inappropriate use of cameras, imaging, and digital devices is prohibited, including the use of such devices in showers, restrooms, or other areas where privacy is expected by participants.
- Images of children during ACUA tours, cleanup activities or during other events such as fairs, festivals or Earth Day, are taken during public activities conducted or sponsored by ACUA and are shared on social media platforms or other media for editorial purposes only. Any other images taken or use of an image is prohibited unless there is prior consent of a parent or legal guardian.
- ACUA requires all groups, including but not limited to schools, families and organizations to follow the rules established by the ACUA, specifically with regard to the protection of minors.
The Responsibilities of the ACUA staff and/or volunteers when interacting with groups, must include, at a minimum, informing program participants about safety and security procedures, rules established by the program, and behavioral expectations. ACUA staff/and or volunteers are responsible for following and enforcing all of the rules and must be able to provide information included herein to program participants.