Jan 26, 2018
It’s more important than ever that we take care of our collective home, Mother Earth. If you want to do something to help your local environment, but aren’t sure where to start, consider these five ideas:
1. Plant a Garden. Planting a pollinator garden is an easy way to support our local ecosystem. Look for native plant sales in the spring from local nurseries or environmental organizations, and make sure seeds have not been treated with pesticides before planting.
2. Get Involved. Consider joining your town's Green Committee, Environmental Commission, or other environmental group. Most groups are eager to find volunteers and being involved can show you that positive change is achievable. Not sure of the contact in your town? Ask us! We probably know them.
3. Stay Informed. Read an environmental book, watch a documentary or follow a news source dedicated to covering the environment. (Check out our employees’ favorite environmental books here).
4. Attend a Class or Event. There are a variety of environmental educational opportunities right in our backyard! Local organizations and green committees host informative events throughout the year. Here at ACUA, we offer Garden Talks, Master Composter Classes, and the Environmental Stewards just to name a few! Check out our events calendar to stay in-the-know.
5. Adopt an Area. Taking “ownership” of a road, park or schoolyard will make a visible difference in your community. Ask us how.
Have another idea for inspiring change in 2018? Let us know!