Jul 22, 2021
Have you recently cleaned out your closet or have your kids grown out of their clothes? Consider giving a second life to clothes your family no longer needs by donating. There are so many great organizations in South Jersey that rely on clothing donations to support local community members. Proceeds from your donation can fund a charitable cause and be used to help improve the lives of others.
Donating your unwanted clothing also prevents textiles from going into the landfill. According to the Council for Textile Recycling, Americans only recycle or donate 15% of their used clothing, which means the other 85% (or about 10.5 million tons a year) ends up in landfills.
Before you head to your local donation site, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
1. Make sure you are only donating accepted items. We have all seen drop off bins overflowing with items, and it is not uncommon to see televisions and furniture sitting next to textile donation bins. Many organizations are not equipped to handle those types of items. Please be sure to check with a staff member before leaving shoes, electronics, appliances, furniture, or toys at any location.
2. Call ahead. Contact the organization to find out if your donation must be dropped off at a special location, during a particular time of week, or require items to be packaged in a special way. Also, some centers may have changed their policy as a COVID-precaution. It is best to touch base with the organization before you pack your car!
3. Quality Check. If you would like your items to be put to good use by someone else, make sure clothes are clean and in good condition. Inspect your garments for holes, stains, rips, missing parts, or other indications of wear.
4. Clothing does not always need to be in perfect condition to be recycled. Donated clothes that are not reused as clothing can be sold and used to make other materials such as carpet padding and rags. Finding a home for ripped or stained clothing can be as easy as calling up your local donation site to see if they sell scraps. Many mechanics can reuse scraps as rags and you can also use your scraps for cleaning or in other DIY projects.
Find the closest donation center to you! Use the map below to find Atlantic and Cumberland County that will accept donated items. Please contact the organization or business before dropping off your donation.
We have tried our best to provide accurate information. If you notice our map needs an update, please email email@example.com.
Atlantic County Donation Centers
Charity Center Thrift
Charity Center Thrift | Facebook
221 Tilton Rd, Northfield, NJ 08225
The Arc Makes Cents, Too! EHT & Ventnor
3003 English Creek Ave.
Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
Phone: (609) 241-9333
6409 Ventnor Ave.
Ventnor, NJ 08406
Phone: (609) 822-7055
AC Rescue Mission
2009 Bacharach Boulevard, Atlantic City, New Jersey 08401
*See website for clothing donation bin locations.
The Alcove Thrift Shop
319 E Jimmie Leeds Rd Suite 205, Galloway, NJ 08205
(609) 484-1133 ext. 105
VIM Thrift Store
6825 Tilton Rd Produce Junction Shopping Center Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center
650 N Albany Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401
Goodwill Industries Cardiff, NJ (Store & Donations)
6701 Black Horse PikeCardiff NJ 08234
Goodwill Industries Hammonton, NJ (Store & Donations)
240 South White Horse Pike Blueberry Crossing Shopping Center Hammonton NJ 08037
Thrift Shop-Shore Medical Center
275 New Rd, Somers Point, NJ 08244
Second Chance Thrift Shop
6400 E Black Horse Pike, Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
Non-textile Donation Centers:
Habitat for Humanity of Atlantic County– ReStore at the Shore
6825 Tilton Rd, Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
Freecycle.org - https://www.freecycle.org/
Groups located in: Vineland, Millville, Galloway, EHT, Mays Landing, Margate
Cumberland County Donation Centers
Bridge the Gap, Inc.
44 S. Laurel St. Bridgeton New Jersey 08302
Freedom Market Thrift Store
701 N. High St. Millville. NJ
The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center
2279 S Delsea Dr, Vineland, NJ 08360
733 E Chestnut Ave, Vineland, NJ 08360
The Goodwill Store
1418 N High St, Millville, NJ 08332
Twice Loved Treasures
20 W Park Avenue Vineland, NJ 08360
The Treasure Box Thrift Shop
1370 S Main Rd #5b, Vineland, NJ 08360
Bear-ly Worn Consignments
3520 S Delsea Drive Vineland, NJ 08360
Non-textile Donation Centers:
ReStore of Cumberland County Habitat for Humanity
601 S Delsea Drive, Vineland, NJ 08360