All Registered Haulers are encouraged to open an account with the Atlantic County Utilities Authority for waste disposal.
"Registered Hauler" for purposes of these guidelines, is defined as a Person who is in possession of all pertinent permits, licenses and registrations, that may be required by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) and the ACUA for the collection, transportation, storage, or disposal of Solid Waste or Source Separated Recyclable Materials. Accounts can be opened at the main office/Geo Building of the Authority located at 6700 Delilah Road, Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey.
The following information will be required for haulers to open an account and use the disposal facilities (Transfer Station and Landfill):
Registered Hauler Categories
- Valid NJDEP Collector/Hauler Decal and registration card or Temporary Letter of Registration for each vehicle.
- Completed ACUA Customer Application Form including account name, mailing address (physical address of P.O. Box is provided) and telephone number.
- Payment guarantee or advance payment.
For billing purposes, two categories of haulers have been established by the Authority:
All public agencies will be billed monthly.
Private haulers have two options of payment for waste disposal. Regardless of the option selected, the Authority will provide a statement to all haulers monthly.
Haulers may, in lieu of the Advance Payment Account discussed below, post an irrevocable twelve (12 month) Letter of Credit or Surety Payment Bond in favor of the Atlantic County Utilities Authority in a form acceptable to the General Counsel of the Authority. Either of these forms of guarantee shall provide that the bank or surety shall pay to the Authority the full amount of the guarantee upon written demand by the Authority's President and within seven (7) days of receipt.
- Account Under this option, private haulers must prepay all disposal related fees.
- Credit for payments to advanced payment account will occur within one (1) working day of receipt.
- Should a solid waste hauler exhaust their Advance Payment Account, the delivery will not be accepted at the scale house. In the event that a hauler is refused admittance to the ACUA facilities, the scale master will record this in a logbook
- A monthly statement will be issued to each solid waste hauler. Questions pertaining to the statements should be directed to the ACUA Finance Office at (609) 272-6950.
- Advanced Payment Account Customers can pay by: Cash, Check, Money Orders and Credit Card (ACUA currently accepts: Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover and Debit/Check Cards). Credit Card Payments will be accepted through our Customer Payment Portal
- Advanced Payment Account Customers can pay on their accounts using our online Customer Payment Portal or by visiting our Administrative Geo Building, Monday through Friday during normal business hours. If not open, payment can be made at the scalehouse.
- Checks shall be made payable to the "Atlantic County Utilities Authority." Your statement number must be on the check to ensure timely credit and sent to: Atlantic County Utilities Authority P.O. Box 721 Pleasantville, New Jersey 08232
1.5% interest per month on the unpaid balance will be charged after 60 days from the initial date of the billing.
Failure to pay for disposal charges within sixty (60) days from the billing date will result in the discontinuance of service (i.e. access to the transfer station and landfill for disposal of solid waste) after providing three (3) days written notice.